We Provide Services to the City of Victoria, Oak Bay & Esquimalt.
Hello Dog Owners. Have you licensed your dog yet?
1,458 owners will receive a final reminder (OVERDUE NOTICE) before the end of March.
"Remember... buy a tag... and make your dog's tail wag."
Officers will commence ticketing as of MAY 1st (Fine:$125)
Pound & Adoption Centre: 564 David Street, Victoria, B.C. V8T 2C8
- OPEN: Monday to Friday 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM (Adoption viewing 10:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- OPEN: Saturday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Adoption viewing 11:00 am to 4:00 pm)
- CLOSED: Sundays & Statutory Holidays
Contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Report an Incident / Questions? ► Call (250) 414-0233 & speak to staff
- Animal Control Officers are routinely on-duty 7 days/week: 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Officers are on-duty: Victoria Day, Canada Day, B.C. Day & Labour Day
- Officers reactively investigate complaints and proactively patrol streets, parks, and beaches.
- Officers sporadically conduct patrols during evening hours in spring, summer & fall months.
After Hours / Emergencies ► Call (250) 414-0233 for recorded information
- The On-Call Duty Officer will respond to the following types of incidents:
- domestic animal is causing a threat to public safety 24/7/365
- sick or injured stray animal (must be immobile or contained by the caller)
- Officers DO NOT investigate nuisance matters after regular hours (eg. barking dogs / stray dogs)
ANIMAL ABUSE / NEGLECT ► Call the SPCA Cruelty Hotline: 1 (855) 622-7722
Large Wild Animal ► Call BC Conservation Service: 1 (877) 952-7277
- DEER: only if critically injured or trapped (animal must be immobile / contained)
- COUGARS / BEARS / WOLVES: if sighted in urban area or threat to public safety
Small Wild Animal ► Call WildARC: (250) 478-9453
Call WildARC if the small wild animal is SICK, INJURED, ORPHANED, or TRAPPED.
Small wild animal means: ALL WILD BIRDS, RACCOON, SQUIRREL, RABBIT, MINK, BEAVER, BAT, OTTER, SEAL, MARMOT, VOLE, MOUSE, RAT, TURTLE, FROG, SNAKE, NEWT, etc.