(250) 414-0233

Injured Wildlife

Animal Control Officers DO NOT respond to wildlife matters unless a domestic animal is involved, eg.: Dog chasing / attacking / killing: deer, raccoons, geese, ducks, etc.

Injured Wildlife

Can be taken (by the finder) to Central Victoria Vet Hospital at 760 Roderick St. (near Douglas & Cloverdale). CVVH care for the animal/bird until staff from the Wild Animal Rehabilitation Centre can pick it up. WildARC is located at 1020 Malloch Rd., Metchosin, B.C. 250-478-9453.

If you have questions or concerns about a sick or injured wild animal, please call WildARC at the above number.

Go to WildARC's webpage for more advice.

BC Conservation

Investigate human/wildlife conflicts, cougar & bear sightings, and can provide information on all wildlife matters. They will also attend to sick or injured deer. 1-800-663-9453 or 1-877-952-7277 (24/hr)

* BC Conservation will only attend injured deer if they are not mobile. The stress of capture by humans is a significant cause of death in wild animals.